This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Deadline for Application: 11 August 2014
Interviews: 12 August 2014 - 29 August 2014
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and as a member of the senior management team, the Development Director will have an exciting challenge to build a development team whilst actively promoting a range of opportunities to companies and funders, building on the success of Earthwatch’s hig
- Creation of new corporate partnerships, from pitch and presentation.
- Generate and manage a strong prospect pipeline, ensuring that KPI’s for identifying and approaching companies are set and delivered on.
- Develop appropriate approaches and write bespoke applications.
- Develop annual operational plans for maximising the financial and non-financial value of existing corporate partnerships.
- Work collaboratively across the charity, to explore and exploit opportunities and develop highly creative and targeted pitches, proposals and presentations.
- Network, proactively creating relationships from scratch and building rapport, to influence people at all levels.
Management and Leadership
- Create, manage, motivate and develop the Development Team.
- Create a structured relationship management and cultivation approach.
- Ensure team members work effectively and collaboratively across the organisation, fully supporting wider organisational objectives.
- Understanding of corporate partnerships and ability to interact at a senior level.
- Experience of charitable fundraising.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of financial planning and control, with a proven ability to undertake systematic project planning.
- Strong leadership with experience working cross-organisationally.
- Highly organised and able to manage a structured relationship management programme.
- An affinity with the charity sector and be committed to the Earthwatch mission.