This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Department: Public Program
Build relationships with schools, universities, and educational organizations to support our global volunteer program. Grow sales and market share in North America and build strong relationships to generate new and repeat sales. Support overall marketing and product-development strategies.
Create and maintain relationships with marquee schools and universities in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Develop and implement a prospecting plan and send weekly updates to management.
- Generate new sales by reaching out to and working with educators and representatives from educational organizations, such as zoos and aquariums
- Manage leads generated by marketing campaigns.
- Maintain and grow existing relationships with schools, universities, and other organizations, providing outstanding stewardship at all stages.
- Develop and execute long-term sales strategies.
- Provide market intelligence and translate it into enhanced revenues and competitive positioning.
- Forecast sales with consistency and accuracy.
- Work with Earthwatch program managers to maximize placement of groups on Earthwatch research projects.
- Attend conferences and events nationally as needed.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proven track record of success in outside sales and/or nonprofit development.
- Three or more years of experience focusing on new business and/or sales and account management.
- Exceptional presentation and public-speaking skills.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented personality.
- The ability to build strong relationships both externally and internally.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental sales methodology.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Travel is required: must own a car.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience working in educational travel or study abroad markets.
- Strong interest in environmental conservation.
- Bachelor’s degree in science-related field.
- International travel and/or work experience.