This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Position Type: Part-time, salaried
Department: Human Resources
Salary: Dependent on experience with competitive benefits and flexible working
Deadline for Application: 11 July 2014
Interviews: 14 July 2014 - 25 July 2014
This is a fantastic opportunity for a HR generalist to use their experience and proactively drive the HR function. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the HR Manager will be responsible for enabling Earthwatch to deliver its mission effectively from an HR perspective.
With the creation of a new strategic plan, we are embarking on a period of change and development. You will help the senior team deliver the development and change management which this requires. The HR Manager will provide business partner support for managers and be a key part of the management team in Oxford.
You will manage all aspects of HR in the UK office and assist remote offices with HR matters. You will be responsible for all recruitment and on-boarding processes, managing performance development processes and handling compensation policies, processes and benefits. The HR Manager will be experienced at handling employee issues and complying with employment legislation and best practice. The role will also cover Health & Safety and facilities management in the Oxford office.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- CIPD qualified
- Excellent experience across the full range of human resource functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Can-do attitude, and comfortable with both strategic and operational HR
- Good knowledge of employment legislation matters and HR best practice
Desirable skills and experience:
- 5+ years HR experience
- Experience in working in a charity environment
- Implementation of a new HR database