This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Position Type: Intern (unpaid)
Salary: £10 per day towards expenses
Deadline for Application: 14 May 2014
Interviews: 19 May 2014 - 23 May 2014
This internship will support the Online team for 3 – 6 months in Oxford (UK) to create online learning and research content and resources for the FreshWater Watch citizen science programme.
• Research, collation, writing and editing of online learning and research content related to global, regional and local fresh water issues using recent online resources and media from reputable sources.
• Share experiences, resources and best practices with wider Online and Programme team.
• Working with other departments, offices and stakeholders - the Online team collaborate closely with other departments such as Learning, Communications and Programme; and work across international offices.
• Supporting and representing Earthwatch at external events (occasional, ad hoc basis).
• Experience of writing for the web, in particular design and delivery of online learning materials and activities.
• An ability to present information in varying degrees of technicality/ detail as the audience dictates.
• A high level of comfort and flexibility working in an online environment, with the ability to develop creative and engaging content.
• An interest in environmental issues, citizen science, conservation outcomes, environmental learning and behaviour.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good IT skills.
• Commitment and enthusiasm.
• A university degree in geography, an environmental subject or social sciences (BSc, BA).
• A pro-active mentality and ability to work independently.
• Meticulous attention to detail.