This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Part-time, salaried
Manage the online community for a corporate sustainability program on freshwater issues, engaging participants to contribute to the online community and to collect water quality data. We seek someone fluent in Spanish since this position provides support to both North and Latin America.
Provide Support for Online Communications:
- Provide online support to program participants, including moderating online discussions in forums and blogs.
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants, including assisting them in use of the website which can include running tutorials and responding to questions.
- Troubleshoot the website, completing and following up with IT with any issues that arise.
- Solicit, edit and create online content on topics including water quality, citizen science and corporate sustainability in both English and Spanish.
- Support regional Earthwatch staff in the use of the online program to engage with participants.
- Collect evaluation data and create reports
- Supply program information for Earthwatch publications
- Enter project, program & participant information into a CRM database
- Coordinate creation of key program materials (pre-work etc).
- Coordinate translation of materials as appropriate.
- Work with Marketing on design and production of materials, including following a style guide to ensure program is compliant with Earthwatch and program standards.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure a two way flow of information, with stories, case studies, and good social media information is shared internally and externally.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant degree in science or environmental studies/sustainability.
- Interest in NGO sector and working globally across different regions.
- Proven track record in online project and program coordination and delivery.
- Ability to communicate with and develop good relationships at all levels, presenting information in varying degrees of technicality/ detail as the audience dictates.
- A high level of comfort and flexibility working in an online environment.
- Ability to prioritize or to seek appropriate guidance when prioritization is required.
- Expert in Microsoft Windows 7 Support.
- Excellent written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Fluency in Spanish is required, native speaker preferred.