This position is no longer recruiting!
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Position Type: Full-time salaried
Salary: $33,000 to $37,500
Support Program Managers in the creation and delivery of youth, educator and corporate programs, especially all aspects of preparing participants for their expeditions. Since this position will provide support to both North and Latin America, we are looking for someone who is fluent in Spanish.
Earthwatch seeks an individual with experience coordinating science programs to support Program Managers in creating and delivering programs, and preparing participants for expeditions. You’ll manage the online community for a corporate sustainability program on freshwater issues, engage participants online, and encourage them collect water quality data. We seek someone fluent in Spanish to support North and Latin America.
Strong customer service skills and the ability to collaborate across departments is a must. You’ll coordinate research programs, engagement activities, facilitation and delivery, and administrative support.
1. Selecting and getting participants into the field
- Preparing participants across program types.
- Coordination of fellowship applications and forms.
- Delivering quality customer service.
2. Program support
- Coordinating creation of key program materials.
- Collecting evaluation data and creating reports.
- Gathering program information for publications.
- Communicating program results.
- Entering data into a CRM database.
- Coordinating translation of materials.
- Ensuring updates are provided for website.
3. Provide support for online communications
- Providing online support, including moderating online discussions.
- Providing customer service to program participants, including assisting with website usage, or running tutorials.
- Troubleshooting the website, partnering with IT on any issues.
- Maintaining online content, including water quality, citizen science and corporate sustainability in both English and Spanish.
- Supporting staff with the online program to engage with participants.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required, native Spanish speaker preferred, with excellent written communication skills.
- Relevant degree in science or environmental studies/sustainability.
- Interest in NGO sector and working globally across different regions.
- Proven track record in online project and program coordination and delivery.
- Ability to communicate with and develop good relationships at all levels, presenting information in varying degrees of technicality/ detail as the audience dictates.
- A high level of comfort and flexibility working in an online environment.
- Ability to prioritize or to seek appropriate guidance when prioritization is required.