Earthwatch Student Group Expeditions immerse young people in hands-on field research and real-world interactions with researchers and local communities.
Teens are full participants in every aspect of Earthwatch projects, from data collection to cooking to attending lectures and workshops.
Earthwatch is a pioneer and market leader:
- Earthwatch began sending expeditions into the field in 1971, so we have many decades of experience in the field.
- National Geographic Adventure has ranked Earthwatch as #1 in both volunteering and education volunteer opportunities worldwide
- Bradt's Wildlife & Conservation Volunteering: The Complete Guide named Earthwatch as one of the top international wildlife and conservation organizations and the only organization to achieve the maximum score for its "demonstrable achievements"
- Bradt's gives Earthwatch high marks for safety, fieldwork, credibility, and pre-expedition planning
- Browse our Field Reports with results from our expeditions